‘It’s a very radical, bold, different Wolverine than you’ve ever seen in any of these movies,’ Simon says.
“The Wolverine 3” has started filming! Producer Simon Kinberg confirmed the news during the press day for “X-Men: Apocalypse” in London. He told Collider, “It’s a very radical, bold, different Wolverine than you’ve ever seen in any of these movies.”
While Simon wouldn’t go so far as confirming that Patrick Stewart would reprise his role in the third and last “Wolverine” film starring Hugh Jackman, he did confirm that it would be R-rated, teasing the setting and tone.
“I’m not sure what I’m allowed to say about that. I will agree with you that Patrick Stewart was rumored to be a part of that film,” the producer shared, “It takes place in the future, and as you and others have reported, it is an R-rated movie. It’s violent, it’s kind of like a western in its tone. It’s just a very cool, different film.”
As Simon revealed that the film “takes place in the future,” it’s possible that “Wolverine 3” would tell the story following “X-Men: Days of Future Past“.
“The Wolverine 3” also stars Boyd Holbrook, Richard E. Grant, Stephen Merchant and Eriq Lasalle. It is slated to open in U.S. theaters on March 3, 2017.