October 22, 2016

Top ISIS top commander KILLED in airstrike just days after ANOTHER was severely wounded

ONE of the evil Islamic State’s leading commanders is believed to have been killed in an Iraqi airstrike, the country’s army has said.

Nasser Mohammed al-Obeidi – the second deputy of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi – was reportedly wiped out by the Iraqi bombing, according to Iraq’s Joint Operations Command (IJOC).

Al-Obeidi – who was once a once a brigade commander for former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein’s special forces unit, the Republican Guards – was in charge of the depraved death cult’s operations in western Iraq and eastern Syria.

The twisted jihadi was also a fugitive from Abu Graib prison and a former inmate in Camp Buqqa, according to IJOC spokesman Colonel Mohammed Ibrahim.

His reported death comes just days after ISIS spokesman in Iraq Abu Mohammed al-Adnani was said to have been severely injured in another airstrike.

Al-Adnani, who was earmarked as the group’s next leader, is said to have lost “a large amount of blood” after being pulverised in the town of Barwanah yesterday.

An IJOC spokesman confirmed they had been following Adnani’s movements for more than a month before the targeted attack.

He is considered the terror group’s most prominent public figure in Iraq, having made several audio recordings which have been posted online.

He is considered to hold the same notoriety as the self-proclaimed cliph of ISIS – also known as Daesh – Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Adani was even tipped as the abhorrent terror network’s next leader should Baghdadi lose his position.

He was held in custody – believed to have been at the American detention facility, Camp Bucca – after being captured by US troops in 2005, remaining a prisoner until 2010.

A staggering £2.5million bounty was issued in May 2014 for information leading to the Syrian-born extremist, referring to his “repeated calls for attacks against Westerns”.

Related posts