October 25, 2016

Steven Spielberg Promises He Won’t Kill Off Harrison Ford’s Indiana Jones

Harrison’s fans were left heartbroken when Han Solo was killed off in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’.

Steven Spielberg teases Harrison Ford’s fate in upcoming “Indiana Jones V”. Ford’s Han Solo died in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and now fans are wondering if the filmmaker plans to do the same to Ford’s Jones.

Steven reveals that he’s “super excited” about the fifth installment of the “Indiana Jones” film series, which is slated for a July 19, 2019 release in the U.S. While the director won’t reveal plot details, he promises that he won’t kill off Harrison’s character.

“I think this one is straight down the pike for the fans,” he says in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter’s latest issue, “The one thing I will tell you is I’m not killing off Harrison [Ford] at the end of it.”

In the interview, Steven reveals that his upcoming movie “The BFG”, due to open in U.S. theaters on July 1, is his first movie for the Walt Disney label. “I have directed films for every studio in Hollywood except for Walt Disney – until now,” he shares, “Disney was truly, when I was a kid, my singular inspiration and also the source of most of my nightmares.”

His favorite Disney movies included “Bambi” and “Dumbo”. The “Jurassic Park” director explains, “The separation of mother and child… I mean, the killing of Bambi’s – it was just one of the most…”

Steven is directing “Indiana Jones V” from a script by David Koepp (“Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”, “Jurrasic Park”). John Williams is expected to once again provide the music while Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will serve as producers.

Harrison previously said of his return to the “Indiana Jones” franchise, “The opportunity to work with Steven again on this character which has brought pleasure to so many. Not to mention me. It’s fun, it’s great fun to play this character. It’s great fun to work with Steven, I’m looking forward to it.”

Related posts