‘Nothing has changed regarding hiatus plans for the group,’ a source says in response to rumor claiming the boys would split for good.
One Direction is still sticking with their plan to take a well-deserved break before returning in the future. Responding to a recent rumor claiming that the four-piece would split for good, a source tells Billboard that “nothing has changed regarding hiatus plans for the group, and all will be revealed in due time from the band members’ own mouths.”
Previously, Us Weekly reported that Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson’s current hiatus would end up becoming “a permanent break.” Citing a source, the outlet said the boys decided “not to renew their recording contract” when their tour ended in October.
“The 1D thing just ran its course. They’ll remain friends, but they are exhausted and want solo careers,” another insider added.
None of the 1D members has personally reacted to the break-up rumor. However, they have assured Directioners everywhere in a number of interviews last year that they would definitely reform once they end their lengthy hiatus.
In the meantime, Styles is apparently getting ready to release some new solo songs while Tomlinson is preparing himself to be a first-time dad and Payne is collaborating with Juicy J. Horan, meanwhile, seems to be enjoying not doing anything. “Currently really enjoying doing nothing ….just chilling out for a while is good,” he said in a tweet late last month.
Currently really enjoying doing nothing ….just chilling out for a while is good .
— Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) December 30, 2015