October 22, 2016

Leonardo DiCaprio Not Against Doing Sequels

Leonardo DiCaprio

Leonardo DiCaprio says that he would consider doing a sequel if any of his projects called for further movies.

DiCaprio is one of cinema’s biggest stars and yet, we have never the multiple Oscar nominee appear in a movie sequel.

In an interview with Variety, DiCaprio addressed this saying the none of his film projects so far have required a second film but it is something that he would consider should it ever arise.

He said: “To me, every movie that I’ve done has been its own piece of individual art… That’s not to say I wouldn’t do something that has sequels.

“Some of the greatest movies in the world ‘The Godfather’ have had sequels. ‘The Godfather 2’ is fantastic. You read a script, it’s got a beginning and an end. It’s hard to envision that being resurrected again. It just hasn’t happened.”

Sadly, we haven’t seen DiCaprio on the big screen at all this year but he is set to return in the new year with the already acclaimed The Revenant – a film that will not be getting a sequel I imagine.

The Revenant is the first film for DiCaprio since he was Oscar-nominated for his role as Jordan Belford in The Wolf of Wall Street and sees him team up with Oscar-winning filmmaker Alejandro González Iñárritu for the first time.

The movie sees DiCaprio take on the role of frontiersman Hugh Glass – who sets out for revenge when he is left for dead after a bear mauling.

DiCaprio has already been nominated for a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild Awards and looks on course to pick up another Best Actor Oscar nomination earlier next year.

DiCaprio has received four Oscar nods during his career, but has never walked away with the prize. Could this finally be his year? I guess we are going to have to wait and see.

The Revenant is released 15th January 2016.

Related posts