January 19, 2019

Hospital refuses to treat toddler CHOKING ON COIN ‘because mum was OVERREACTING’


A THREE-YEAR-OLD boy who was choking on a pound coin was turned away by a hospital who refused to treat him because they “had not been told” he was coming in.

Little Alfie had to spend 90 minutes in a car struggling to breathe and losing consciousness as his mother Jessica Toms, 23, desperately tried to get him to emergency surgery.

A 999 operator had told her to rush to her nearest hospital with a minor injuries unit, which was Lymington New Forest Hospital in Lymington, Hants just five minutes from their home.

But when she got there they told her Alfie would need to be taken to Southampton General Hospital, Hants, instead.

Related posts