October 21, 2016

Former jihadist claims Isis is planning Europe-wide terror attacks

Former German Isis militant Harry S claims he witnessed executions carried out by Austrian Islamist, Mohamed Mahmoud (pictured), in Palmyra YouTube

A German jihadist who fled Isis after witnessing beheadings and executions in Syria has claimed the group is trying to plan a Europe-wide terror attack.

The 27-year-old former militant, named as Harry S, said he and other foreign fighters had been asked if they would “bring jihad to their homeland”.

“They want something that happens everywhere at the same time,” he said.

Harry S was speaking to Der Spiegel

from prison, where he is still being questioned by police and the intelligence services after being arrested at Bremen airport on his return in July.

He claimed he fled Isis because he could not stand its brutality after three months with the group in Syria and is now telling German authorities all he knows.

Related posts