October 22, 2016

‘Fantastic Four 2’ Is Still Planned With the Same Cast Read

Producer and writer Simon Kinberg admits last year’s ‘Fantastic Four’ wasn’t a good movie and says its sequel will be ‘brighter, funner, more optimistic.’

Despite being a huge disappointment, “The Fantastic Four” reboot will apparently still get a sequel. Months after Fox removed “The Fantastic Four 2” from its release schedule, producer and writer Simon Kinberg has now hinted that the film isn’t completely dead yet.

In a chat with Den of Geek at a recent press conference for “X-Men: Apocalypse”, Kinberg admitted that last year’s “Fantastic Four” wasn’t a good film. “We didn’t make a good movie. The world voted, and I think they probably voted correctly. And you can’t make a good movie every time out – not everybody does,” he said.

“We actually have a pretty good batting average, all things considered. But I think we made many mistakes when we made that movie – mistakes that we learned from and we wouldn’t repeat,” he continued and added that Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Bell could all return for the sequel.

“We want to make another ‘Fantastic Four’ movie. We love that cast,” he said. “I mean if I were to say to you now Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller, and Kate and Jamie are great actors – we love that cast. I love the comic, I mean I love it almost as much as ‘X-Men’.”

Kinberg went on revealing what to expect from “Fantastic Four 2” should it happen. “We’ll try to be truer to the essence of the tone of Fantastic Four, which is completely – well, not completely, but largely – distinct from the X-Men, which is brighter, funner, more optimistic tone,” he explained. “I think we tried to make a darker Fantastic Four movie, which seemed like a radical idea but we were kind of messing with the DNA of the actual comic instead of trusting the DNA of the comic.”

“Fantastic Four 2” was given a June 9, 2017 release date before the first film came out last year. Following the 2015 film’s box office flop and the criticism it received, the sequel was removed from Fox’s release slate.

Related posts