There are many reasons that we gainan insecurity for a lot of us, and sometimes even when we cut our calories we still can’t manage to drop those last few pounds. Now that summer is unfortunately coming to an end, it’s often harder to stay on top of a healthy diet and stay in a workout routine. There are a lot of smoothies and drinks out there claiming to help you shed pounds. It’s hard to decipher which ones actually work or not. So to cut down your research time, I’ve done all the trial and errors for you. Below I’ve listed some drinks that can help rev up your metabolism and can teach you how to lose weight easily. Losing weight should be fun and your drinks should be too.
1. Green Tea
- Bring 8 oz of water to a boil
- soak 2 green tea bags for 3-5 minutes
- take mint, lemon and honey to add flavor
This is a drink that you can drink hot or cold. If you drink it cold, I recommend putting the mint in ice cubes. I like drinking this first thing in the morning because it boosts your metabolism and is a healthy way to start the day.
2. Dark Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, soaked for 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 8 ounces of homemade almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of honey, agave or maple syrup (optional, to add more sweetness if desired)
- Start by adding the liquid to your blender
- Add the soft fruit
- Lastly, add the greens to your blender last.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
I recommend this smoothie as a breakfast meal replacement.
3. Super Energy Smoothie
- 2 pints pineapple
- 2 pints watermelon
- 2 quarts coconut water
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1-2 cups blueberries
- 2 green apples
Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender. You can store or freeze extra smoothies to drink later.
4. Black Coffee
Drinking black coffee can speed up your metabolism by almost 10 percent. It’s the caffeine that gives metabolism a boost by revving bodily functions. I recommend black coffee first thing in the morning, or right before a workout. To add some flavor without the calories you can add a pinch or two of cinnamon.
5. Mango Green Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 cup almond milk
- splash vanilla extract
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and enjoy!
6. Swimsuit Slimdown Drink
- 1 cup of grapefruit, orange or pineapple juice
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
Combine all these ingredients and drink before each meal. This concoction breaks down fat cells quickly.
7. Spinach & Avocado Smoothie
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- Handful of ice cubes
Combine all these ingredients into a blender and serve!
8. Nutella Coconut Chia Seed Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/6 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla
- Handful of raspberries
- 1 banana
- Set out Nutella until it’s at room temperature.
- Combine Nutella, almond milk, chia seeds, coconut and vanilla.
- Shake vigorously in a Mason jar or container.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Add coconut.
- Using a blender, combine the above with raspberries, banana and ice.
- Mix and enjoy!
How to lose weight easily
There are many smoothies, detox waters and teas you can drink that will promote weightless. These six drinks will jump start any weight loss routine, or help you lose those last few stubborn pounds. It’s important to remember that losing weight is not a race, it is a journey. You have to remember to not get discouraged if you’re not seeing the results right away. Each of the above recipes either has one or more ingredients that speeds up your metabolism. In conjunction with a well balanced diet and workout routine, you’ll have no problem dropping those pounds when adding in these drinks.